When it comes to the sound of your event. You need to pay attention. You want to make sure you hire the right company with experienced professionals to help make your vision come to life. There is more than you think behind the sound of an event, concert, show or presentation. It is not as simple as turning on a mic and connecting it to a speaker, there are certain measures to take and equipment to use to broadcast sound clearly and effectively to everyone in your audience.
Here are some event audio mistakes to avoid:
- Choosing the wrong equipment– The equipment used for the sound on an event, should always be specifically chosen for it. Some things to take in consideration are the size of the venue, how many people are expected to attend and whether it will be held indoors or outdoors.
- Hired professionals will check out the venue and help you find the sound system that is proportionate to your event space and audience.
- Not testing the equipment- Avoid last minute headaches; all equipment should be tested prior to the event and you should have a backup plan in case something crashes last minute. The sound of an event is extremely important, and you want to make sure you give a good impression.
- Assuming things will be provided for you- When you rent a venue, sometimes you expect for things to be there and available for your use, but sometimes that is not the case. Have plenty of batteries, mics and backup equipment. Make sure you plan ahead and take everything you will need to provide high-quality sound for everyone in your audience.
- Doing it yourself- Unless you are willing to risk your show, you should hire an experienced professional to help you. These people will work around what your event needs, they will find the right products for you, have a backup plan and act fast if something were to stop working. Always keep the show going and make it a true success by working with someone that understands the importance of sound.
At Art & Sounds, we have over decade of experience working with professionals in the field. We are a full-service production company, providing audio, lighting, staging, video, backline and much more. No matter how big or small your event is, we are passionate about helping you and making sure your show is a big hit.
Art and Sounds, we make your event a work of art.